Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Letters form Jordan #1






Germers,


Thank you a FREAKING BUTTLOAD for the letters, I have gone 11 days without hearing from the outside world. How is Grace I-der-ho? It is finally starting to cool off, these last 3 days have been in the low 50's, high 40's. It cooled off pretty quick. Last week it was in the 70's 80's. I did get a chance to watch conference. The LDS branch here is funny. It is super small and everyone wears camouflage to church, and it is a little weird to bless the sacrament in our ACU's (Advanced Combat Uniform, the camouflage.) We watched president Monson speak and Dallin H Oaks. I get two hours of church every Sunday. It is nice to just relax and listen to people talk. Last week was testimony meeting...very interesting...anyhoo! Congrats with Libby! I bet you are in for a surprise and lots of messes with Libby High speed. Ha Ha! You should tell me what is going on it the world, gas prices & elections and so forth etc. By the way, the food here is AMAZING. We get hot meals, three times a day. Except when we are on the ranges, the drill sergeant issues MRE's. I 'll have to admit, it is a little weird eating sloppy joes at 5:30 in the morning. But it is good when I am hungry. New things...Nothing really. I have goofy tan lines. You know how when you wear gloves and work outside, your hands are white and your arms are dark? It's the opposite here, hands are dark and arms are white. No matter how hot it is outside, we wear our jackets. But it is starting to cool off a lot. Last Thursday it rained. And rained. and rained etc. The next morning it was freezing outside and has been since then. We are supposed to get snow in two weeks. Which is pretty cool, there are people in my company who have never seen snow before. I think it is a little weird. I look forward to letters from anybody, so please keep writing me. There is only 6 weeks left until I graduate (YES!) Till then, I love you all, and keep praying for me.

-Jordan




1 comment:

Michele said...

Thanks for posting Krys! I like reading his letters!