Monday, November 17, 2008

ISU, here I come!


I am so excited right now. I know I blogged a while ago about going back to school, and how I had just registered, but didn't know anything else. Well a lot has happened since then.

I got accepted, which I wasn't too worried about that, I have pretty good grades. I found out that I have to pay out of state tuition. A small sum of about 7,000 dollars. Yeah. Well needless to say things almost fell through. I was looking at scholarships online and found a Utah resident transfer student scholarship. Bang. But I had to be accepted for it and I didn't know if I would get it. So I took the necessary bureaucratic University steps and just waited.

Meanwhile, I met with the counselors and music advisor, have started practicing for auditions, got back on my ADD meds, have started weaning Libby off breast milk, signed up for classes, figured out where to take Libby ( I'll talk more about that,) and hoped.

Off on to a tangent now that has little but a lot to do with this. I am so glad that Heavenly Father answers prayers and that we have the knowledge about prayer. My Mom ( understanding my impulsivity) told me I needed to pray to make sure that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I did and today I got my answer. I was awarded the Utah resident tuition scholarship and a transfer student scholarship. These along with my Pell grant will cover everything with about 1500 left over. I was bawling about 5 minutes ago, I am so happy and very thankful. Heavenly Father knows what we need and knows us as individuals. This has definitely proven this fact further for me.

So where will Libby go you ask? Well for this semester I am going Mon Wed Fri. Nick doesn't have school on Friday, so he will be home to watch her. This is my long day as well. My neighbor Katie across the street, we trade babysitting. I have been watching her kids about once a week since we moved in. She doesn't work Mondays, and said she would watch her. My other neighbor runs a daycare and can take her Wednesday. I really like the idea of Libby being close to home, and it will be really cold in the winter, so this way she doesn't really have to go outside. We were worried about paying Kim( the daycare neighbor) but the second scholarship I didn't expect or ask to be considered for which makes it even a bigger blessing. This is just proof that if you put your trust in Heavenly Father, and work hard, things work out the way they are supposed to.

6 comments:

Jess said...

That is terrific news! I'm glad everything has worked out so well. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Severine said...

That is wonderful!!! Congrats Krys, I'm so happy for you. And I'm also thankful for blogs so I know what's going on in your life.
Your great news made my day. Love you!!

Jill said...

Your little girl is getting so big! I hope all is giong well for ya. Love ya cuz.

Peterson Family Utah said...

That is truely amazing! I am so happy for you! What great news! Is meant to be for sure! Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday!
Love to you all.
Claire. xoxooxoxoxoxox

Peterson Family Utah said...

Forgot to say I'm so proud of you!!!
Love you!

amy germer said...

Who says prayers aren't answered?