Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am going back to school!


Well I am very excited to tell everyone that I just applied to ISU and I am so excited! I have missing school so bad. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother, but I love learning as well. I am just full of butterflies, and I haven't even sent my transcripts in yet. I have been giving myself a little guilt trip for having the desire to become more educated. I don't want to leave Libby, and sometimes I feel like it will make me a bad mom if I leave her with someone. I have just been thinking a lot about it lately and decided I need to finish. Libby is old enough that she can be left with someone ( at least for the Spring semester, then she can be with dad for summer) for a couple of hours. This is something I need to do for myself, and I constantly have to remind myself that it is not a bad thing to do something for me once in a while ;). I only had a year left at Weber State, so we will see after the credits transfer over, I would regret it if I didn't go and finish. I don't want all of that 4 years of hard work to be for nothing. I also was thinking, what if something happened to Nick? How would we pay the bills? I don't like to even think about it, but reality is, it could happen. They have a general music program also, and I think that is what i want to do, but I still have to look into it a little bit more. YAY!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get in...
ISU has a warm place in the Busby family's hearts. It is where both of Cole's parents went and actually met. Cole's uncle is now the head of the ISU institute too, if you ever venture over there... Brother Robert Lee.

Severine said...

I think that's very smart of you. I've learned that if I do some things for myself, I feel happier and I'm a better mom. So don't feel guilty about it. I think it's great! I'm proud of you Krys!

Holly and Rhett said...

I think that is a great idea. I think it is a great way to do somehting for yourself. We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Lucie said...

Good luck on getting in (I'm sure you will). Education is never wasted in the long run, and in the short run variety keeps everyone sane. I went back to school when my kids were little, and they both turned out normal (except for being musicians).

amy germer said...

Don't feel guilty and no you are not a bad Mom. I think it makes you a better Mom for improving yourself. Good luck!